July 11, 2016
Call to Order – Josh Noblitt
Moment of Reflection
- New Library on Pryor
- New Laundromat
- Neighborhood Fireworks
None tonight. (Our meeting moved due to 4th of July last week.)
Beautification – Chris McCord
- Great Earth Day
- Upcoming efforts for heavy overgrowth intersections
- If you know of overgrowth areas, contact James Baptiste
- Questions about Paperstock trash
Code Enforcement – Rick Sakaske
- Of original 20 properties, 10 have been demolished or redeveloped
- Changing a bit this year.
- Kickball game on August 20, 2016
- No registration or tournament. We’ll set up teams day of when we arrive and have a grill.
- Great community day!
- Southside neighborhood focus this year
- James Baptiste is organizing host homes
- Save the Date: Sept 24
- Encouraging local neighbors to register to vote and get out and vote
Welcome Back To School Initiative
- First Day of School: August 3
- We want to welcome faculty, staff, and students the morning of the 1st day
- We’re printing additional “Carver Pride” yard signs
- Sherika Woods is organizing
- Coming on October 30
- We’ve applied for grant from Lakewood Ampitheater to purchase more carnival games
- Will happen 1st Monday of December in place of Civic League Meeting
- Searching for a new location
Question about membership dues. At this time we are not changing the fee structure: $35/individuals $20/seniors $50/household (2 votes). We are considering an “annual sale” in January to encourage everyone to join each year.
Historic South Atlanta signs – lots of interest, so we need to consider a reorder.
Parking challenges on Martin
Concern about old Marathon station on Jonesboro/Lakewood – resources have been deployed to that location.
NPU-Y meeting this coming Monday
Carver Neighborhood Market is selling backpacks full of school supplies for $5-8.
Heavy automatic gunfire at corner Lethea and Lakewood almost daily. Continue to call.
Last modified: July 11, 2016