Josh Noblitt called the meeting to order with a moment of reflection.
- Progressive dinner was great!
- Carver Neighborhood Market featured on 11Alive and USA Today
- Car break-ins: Remember to remove valuables from your car
- 2 homicides (Sept 25 & 26) in neighborhood
- Question asked about gang violence and graffiti; be sure to call 911 if you hear gunfire
Zone 3 Prosecutor – Claire
- Lots of activity right now, especially breaking into cars looking for guns and selling guns
- Distributing Community Concerns survey
- Community Court experience has shown positive results in Industrial Boulevard – next court date October 16
- Gang Summit has been paused while city hires a gang professional
Commissioner Harrington’s Office – Jimmy Jones
- Metropolitan Library Grand Opening
- #fultoncomm5 on social media highlights event photos
- meal event for homeless
- Georgia HOA bootcamp – Sat Nov 7 at GA International Convention Center
- Clothing Drive: Nov 7 -16 (www.fultoncommission5.com)
- Looking for guests doing good they can feature on their shows
Code Enforcement – Rick Sakaske
- 82 Brown is now for sale
- Went to court for 104 Bisbee, owner wants out of house – Rick connected him to Charis Community Housing
- 77 Bisbee & 127 Thirkield – hearing on Oct 22 with Rem Review Board
Progressive Dinner was a success!
Neighborhood Impact Grant – Josh Noblitt
Winners awarded last month.
- Chris McCord – lawn mowers for neighborhood residents
- Larry Witherspoon & Shawn McArgue – carborature for youth training program
- Kara Haygood – Veteran’s Day Art
Russell – NPU-Y meetings going great. Met at Ron Clark and there’s great things happening there.
Carver Reunion is this weekend. We encourage attendance.
Lakewood Ampitheater shows ending soon
Meetings happening about traffic light at University & Pryor
If you’re interested in a 90 min survey (you’ll receive a free meal and a wal-mart gift card), contact Russell
Next Meeting: Oct 19 at John Birdine Center at 7pm
St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store : Nov 7 Community Day 10am-2pm at the store
Bethlehem Center having a yard sale on Friday 9-1:30
Summerhill Fall Festival this Saturday 11-7
Complaint about Marathon Station and drug presence and a desire to see it shape up or we do not need it in community. Suggestion to email Major Glaizer to draw attention to it.
Complaint about small business on back side of post office for similar reasons.
Treat Street on Oct 31 5-7pm. Candy donations can be dropped off at Community Grounds/Carver Market
Last modified: October 5, 2015