South Atlanta Civic League
February 6, 2012
The meeting was called to order by Josh Noblitt who presidedover the meeting. The meeting began witha moment of silence.
- Dana Lupton shared an article in Sunday’s AJC about Chris McCord and his work with youth.
- Major Cavender and Lt. Mooreman represented APD. January experienced higher crime activity than prior months and there were 12 arrests in Beat 305. Lt. Mooreman shared details of a recent
- Beautification Committee – Chris McCord announced that April 21st will be the City’s annual Tire Amnesty Day and planning will begin soon for the tire clean up.
- Social Committee – Fran Carroll announced that the committee will begin planning this year’s Kickball Tournament and need more volunteers to assist with the planning.
- Leroy Barber present the changes suggested by the bylaws committee (see attached) and solicited questions. The changes will be voted on at the March meeting. Voting procedures were reviewed
by the body.
- Chris McCord reminded the body that 2012 dues are due and that SACL now accepts credit cards.
- Rebecca DeHart announced she will be hosting Rep. John Lewis in her home at 67 Gammon on February 19th from 2pm to 4pm. All neighbors are invited to attend but are asked to please RSVP.
- Claire Farley from the DA Office gave a brief update on several recent cases in Zone 3.
- Leroy Barber asked for permission of the civic league to talk to the Paper Stock company about cleaning up their property on McDonough Blvd.
- A resident asked about broken water meter covers
- Josh Noblitt encouraged neighbors to attend the NPU-Y meetings.
- Chris McCord announced that February 20th will be proclaimed “Moving in the Spirit Day” by the Atlanta City Council.
The meeting was adjourned.
Minutes submitted by Katie Delp
Last modified: February 10, 2012